Great for game day or summer outing! We love this culinary twist on an American favorite. Enjoy a bacon wrapped hot dog smothered in our special green chile honey mustard sauce. This border favorite originated out of Mexico and continues to grow in popularity!
This recipe serves 6.
6 beefy jumbo hotdogs
6 bolillo buns*
6 slices of bacon
1 ½ cups refried pinto beans, warmed
1/3 cup La Posta Chile Co. Green Chile Honey Mustard
1 cup minced white onion
1 large tomato seeded and chopped
1 avocado, peeled and diced
¼ cup La Posta Chile Co. Hatch Green Chile Hot Sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 cup cotija cheese
Minced cilantro, red onion, lime quarters, sour cream, pickled jalapenos
(1) Wrap each hotdog with a strip of bacon, starting at one end and wrapping diagonally around the hot dog and securing with toothpicks.
(2) Place 3 wrapped hotdogs in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and turn every 3 minutes until bacon is crispy and hotdogs are cooked through about 12 – 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining wrapped hotdogs.
(3) In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and lime juice and mix well.
(4) Split each bun with a serrated knife and warm in the microwave.
(5) To assemble: spread ¼ cup refried beans in the bottom of each bun. Top with bacon wrapped hot dog. Repeat for each bun.
(6) Top each hot dog evenly with La Posta Chile Co. Green Chile Honey Mustard.
(7) Garnish with onion, tomato, avocado and cheese.
(8) Drizzle with La Posta Chile Co. Hatch Green Chile Hot Sauce and mayonnaise mixture. Add additional garnish if desired. Serve immediately.
Bake: Place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 12 to 16 minutes, turning once to ensure bacon is crispy throughout.
Air Fry: Spray air fry basket with cooking spray. Preheat at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Place bacon wrapped hotdogs in basket and cook for 7-8 minutes. Turn each hotdog over gently and cook for 3-4 more minutes until bacon is crisp.
*This a traditional Mexican roll found in most bakery sections at your local market. You can also use any type of soft oblong roll.