A refreshing, simple summer entrée that can be made in minutes. The bountiful harvest of the Hatch Valley is added with our Tequila Lime Salsa that boasts bites of fire roasted tomatoes and Hatch green chiles with a hint of tequila. Olé! Zesty lime finishes this chile-spiked entrée with a citrusy flavor.
This recipe makes one cup of sauce.
2 medium-sized limes
1 lb. linguini pasta
3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb. or 20 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail
1-2 tsp. La Posta Chile Co. Hatch Red Chile Seasoning
1 16 oz jar of La Posta Chile Co. Tequila Lime Salsa
2 tsp. parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 tbsp. minced Italian parsley
Pinch of salt and pepper
(1) Zest and juice one lime. Set zest and juice aside. Discard remaining peel. Cut
second lime into thin slices for garnish.
(2) In a large stock pot, cook linguini as directed, bringing lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add linguini pasta, stirring occasionally. Cook for 8 to 12 minutes until al dente. Remove pasta from stove draining most of the water to keep pasta warm.
(3) In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add garlic, sauté until soft, 1 to 2 minutes.
(4) Increase heat to medium-high and add shrimp; cook until shrimp turns pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with La Posta Chile Co. Hatch Red Chile Seasoning and lime juice. Stir until well coated, but do not overcook. Remove from heat.
(5) In stock pot of pasta, drain remaining water. Add sautéed shrimp to pasta, gently mixing well. Fold in La Posta Chile Co. Tequila Lime Salsa. Mix well over medium-low heat until well coated. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with lime slices. Dust with lime zest, parmesan cheese and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste.